In Genesis 3: 1 we see a cunning serpent and in Revelation 12: 9 we see an ancient serpent, what does this mean? That the young serpent of Genesis grew old when he came to Revelation. What got old from the snake? His cunning reached the climax of his evil. Aging is reaching the climax of youth. When the serpent grew old, you notice that there was a fusion or union between the words "devil and Satan", what joined in the ancient serpent? They joined the meaning of the word "devil" and the word "Satan", joined the "Slander, defamation, accusation (Devil) with adversary and enemy (Satan)."
This means that when the young serpent of Genesis came to Revelation she became more expert, mature, terribly evil. Revelation 20: 2 says 2And caught the dragon, the ancient serpent, which is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. Notice that from Revelation 12: 9 to 20: 2 the ancient serpent became Dragon. In Eight chapters (12 to 20) Satan suffered a tremendous metamorphosis (from serpent to dragon). The word "Dragon" indicates the maximum age, the maximum consummation, the maximum height a snake can reach. Every snake would long to be a Dragon, but it is easier for an angel to catch a Dragon than a young snake. And the angel caught the Dragon, the ancient serpent, which is devil and Satan. An old Dragon is about to be caught to be thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone. Can an angel bind a being or a personality for a thousand years? The angel was the jailer who caught and bound the Dragon that is called devil and Satan.
When we enter Genesis 3 we discover that Eve was deceived and seduced by the cunning serpent. Paul says in 1 Corinthians 11: 3 3But I fear that as the serpent deceived Eve with his cunning, your senses are somehow misled by sincere fidelity to Christ. Paul says that the serpent lost Eve from faithfulness and the deceived entered through his natural and spiritual senses. Moses spoke of the serpent, Paul spoke of the same serpent, and John said that serpent is a devil and Satan. He observes that the serpent deceived Eve with his cunning. Moses who wrote the book of Genesis says in 3: 1 that the serpent as a natural animal was cunning, more than all the animals of the field that Jehovah had made. The serpent was an animal of the field.
The serpent was a true animal of the animal kingdom, it was cunning and it spoke. Possessing this power the serpent reasoned about the prohibition that God had placed on "the tree that is in the middle of the garden". The serpent saw and heard the prohibition of God for man, and came to the conclusion that death would not be the result of eating, that what God wanted to hide was the knowledge of good and evil, observe what he said to Eve in V: 4 4So the serpent said to the woman: You will not die; 5 But God knows that in the day you eat of it, your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.
The serpent, because he said and did this to Eve, was declared cursed by God, Genesis 3:14 says 14 And Jehovah God said to the serpent: Because you have done this, cursed will you be among all the beasts and among all the animals of the field; You will walk on your chest, and dust you will eat all the days of your life. The word snake is from the Hebrew Nahash which means "whistling or whistling sound". The serpent became a fearsome beast. The legend of the Jewish rabbis says that the serpent was standing erect as a man walks on his feet. Standing had the power to speak. The later exegesis of the doctrine of the serpent identifies the serpent with Satan or the devil. It should be noted that Moses (writer of Genesis) does not speak of a malevolent spirit, he simply describes the scene within the physical field.
God cursed the serpent condemning her to be a loathsome and disgusting reptile. From standing up he walked on his chest. From speaking to deceived he happened to lick his mouth with dust. What is man physically? It is dust. The food of the serpent is man. The dust drowned out his speech. Isaiah 65:25 says that dust will be the food of the serpent. All truth is parallel: If there is a material serpent there must be a spiritual serpent or at least its prefiguration.
In Genesis 3:14 God put a curse on the serpent among all the beasts and among all the animals of the field. But in Revelation 20:10 the spiritual serpent that is the Devil was thrown by God into the lake of fire and brimstone. The serpent of Genesis prefigures the Devil of Revelation. Genesis 3:15 says 5 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; it will strike you in the head, and you will strike him in the heel. That material serpent was to represent the race (or seed) of the serpent and the kingdom of evil. In Matthew 23:33 Jesus called the Pharisees "generation (or breeding) of vipers." The Pharisees were children of the race (or seed) of the serpent. The breeding of vipers are the children of the devil who says 1 John 3:10 that they do not do justice or love their brother.
The devil is the ancient serpent of Revelation 12: 9, so the Pharisees were children of the race of the serpent, because they have and had the same life and nature as the spiritual serpent. How or in what way was the race (or seed) of the snake formed ?:
1. Before I need to explain some errors about the snake. Note: In the book "The Seven Ages of the Church" William Marrion Branham on page 96 "Age of Ephesus" says about the serpent: (epigraph 136) "This beast was so similar to the human being (however it was totally animal) that I could reason and talk. He was a creature that stood straight and was between the chimpanzee and the man, but more like the man. And it was so similar to the human being that his seed could, and even joined with the woman and made her conceive. When this happened, God cursed the serpent. He exchanged all the bones in the snake's body so that he had to crawl like a snake. Science can try to the utmost and will never find the missing link, God took care of that. Man is wise, and can see some relationship between man and animal, and try to prove it by means of evolution. There is no such evolution, but the man and the animal did mix. This is one of the mysteries. This is an absurdity! by the principle that God established in Genesis 1:11,
2 that says 1After said God: Produce the earth green grass, grass that gives seed; tree of fruit that bears fruit according to its kind, that its seed be in it, on the earth. And it was like that. 12 So the earth produced green grass, grass that gives seed according to its nature, and tree that bears fruit, whose seed is in it, according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. Observe this principle of God as it overthrows Branham's conjecture. God said (principle that he established) "Produce each seed according to its nature, and according to its kind. The coffee genus is of a coffee nature. The coffee seed does not produce, it does not sprout, it does not give oranges, it gives coffee. A cow develops as a cow.
3. Notice that Jesus in John 3: 6 speaks of two genera that do not mix because of their established principle: 6 What is born of the flesh is flesh; and what is born of the Spirit, spirit is. If you notice, Branham contradicts the Scriptures regarding the serpent; because the serpent was not an animal man or an animal man mixed as he says. Jesus speaking of the genders says clearly that what is born of the flesh is flesh; what is born of the Spirit, spirit is; what is born of serpent, serpent is, what is born of Eve, Eve is. The genres are specific to their nature. Deuteronomy 22: 9 says that two seeds can not be mixed, that one can not unite the ox with the donkey, nor unite the wool with the linen, but Branham used the serpent of Genesis and united it with a human being according to his conjecture (nowhere in Genesis does it speak to us of the serpent man who slept with Eve), 9You will not sow your vineyard with different seeds, lest you lose everything, so much the seed that
4. According to the Branham epigraph "This beast (referring to the serpent) was so similar to the human being that he could reason and speak." Could it be that Balaam's ass could be called his consierva, because he spoke to the prophet in Number 22:28? The donkey protested to the prophet when he scourged her, then, he protested, a man ass? When the donkey spoke, did she keep talking? When the snake was cursed, did it continue talking?
5. According to the Branham epigraph, the serpent was so similar to the human being that it joined with the woman's and made her conceive. In pamphlet No. 35 entitled "Eden of Satan" Branham says on page 19 "Now notice. She, Eve, is the queen of Satan. Come? Satan (the serpent) came to Eve before Adam will arrive. Come? Right. So he cheated on her, see? So Satan, the serpent, was Eve's husband before Adam knew her. He cheated on her. The Bible says he cheated on her, and then she knew she was naked, see? In epigraph 140 of the book "The seven ages of the church" Branham says: "Before Adam knew Eve carnally, the serpent had already known her. And the one born of that act was Cain … " What nonsense, right! According to Branham's version, the snake was Eva's husband, cheated on her and then she knew that she was naked. So he bewitched her, gave her a sleeping pill, slept her and fathered Cain. Cain for Branham is a son that for Eva is not known about
Notice that Genesis 3:20 says that Adam called his wife by the name Eve, mother of all the living. But Branham boldly called Eve, the queen of Satan. Branham says that "Satan (the serpent) came to Eve before Adam will arrive." But Genesis 1: 27,28 says that God created them male and female, blessed them and said to them: Be fruitful and multiply. In Genesis 2:22 it says that God made a woman, and brought her to man. V: 24 says that man (not the serpent-man of the Branham version) would be united to his wife, and they would be one flesh. The V: 25 says that Adam and his wife Eve (not the wife of Branham's serpent), were naked and not ashamed.
5. In the same epigraph Branham says that when the serpent joined Eve, God cursed the serpent. Branham says that "God" changed all the bones in the snake's body so he had to crawl like a snake. Genesis 4: 1 clearly says that Adam knew his wife Eve and gave birth to Cain. God cursed the serpent when in Genesis 3:13 Eve told God that the serpent had deceived her and because of this she ate of the science of good and evil. In V: 14 came the curse of God for the serpent: "You shall be cursed among all the beasts." The serpent's curse did not come when she slept with Eva, according to Branham's crazy version.
Returning to the question How or in what way was the race (or seed) of the serpent formed? Moses in Genesis 3:15 says that there are two seeds or races in enmity. God told the serpent that she had a seed "among your seed" and that the woman would have her own seed "her seed". There are three connotations in the Greek for the word seed and they are:
to. Spora = seed sown in the field
b. Sperma = offspring, race or human lineage
c. Sporos = sowing. In Genesis 3:15 Sperma = lineage is applied.
The seed of the woman was a man who is Christ, Luke 1:30 says 30Then the angel said to her: Mary, do not be afraid, because you have found grace before God. 31And now, you will conceive in your womb, and bear a son, and you will call his name JESUS. Galatians 4: 4 confirms it 4 But when the fulfillment of time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman and born under the law. But the seed of the serpent is another male who is Cain, the first son of Adam sinner, All that Adam fathered in Eve was sinful sons, Genesis 4: 1 says 1 Adam met his wife Eve, who conceived and gave birth to Cain, and said: By the will of Jehovah I have acquired a man. God allowed Cain to be born by Jehovah's will not by the will of the supposedly lustful snake of Branham.
The word Cain is from the Hebrew "qaná" and means "to acquire." Eva was overwhelmed with joy at the birth of her son, she exclaimed: "I have had a boy". What kind of man did Eve obtain from Adam? 1 John 3:12 says 12No like Cain, who was of the evil one and killed his brother. And why did he kill him? Because his works were bad, and those of his brother righteous. Cain was of the evil one because in sin his mother knew him.
Cain was the evil one not because he was the son of the Serpent-Eve relationship, but it is the title given to Cain for what he did (murder against his brother Abel). Eva got an evil male, due to what or why ?:
1. In Genesis 3 Satan, the serpent, injected his evil nature into the flesh of Eve, not through sex (as Branham says) but through the wisdom that was in the fruit science of good and evil that Eve ate . She did not eat sex, ate dualistic science: good and bad. Genesis 3: 6 says that Eve saw that the tree was good to eat, it was pleasing to the eyes, it was desirable to attain wisdom, what did Eve do? He took of his fruit, he ate and gave Adam his husband. To all this, Paul said that the serpent deceived him, losing his senses. Eve as the mother of all the living, had to conceive children according to that nature because of sin, had to conceive children according to that dualism: good and evil. Perhaps, the Bible does not say that the good one was Abel and the bad one was Cain.
In Psalm 51: 5 King David tells us about the reality of how all the descendants of Adam are born, says 5 Behold, in wickedness I have been formed, And in sin my mother conceived me. We were all conceived in sin by our mothers. We inherit a dualistic nature, in us there is good and there is evil.
2. Romans 5:12 says 12Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, so death passed to all men, because all sinned. What happened to all the men? The Devil, who is the personification of sin, passed on to all the serpentine nature of Satan. The nature of the serpent is inside each man, it is in his flesh. We all have the injection of the devil in our flesh. All the descendants of Adam have been poisoned by the ancient serpent.
3. We all have the poisonous element of the devil, which is sin, Cain had it, Branham had it, you have it, I have it. Because of sin we are all serpents (Matthew 3: 7), therefore, Jesus told the Pharisees "Generation of vipers" they were, because of their condition and their behavior.
4. Why was Cain the first son of Eve the evil one? Because his works were bad. Sin was the nature of Cain and sinning was his character. John says in 1 John 3: 8 that he who practices sin is of the devil. Do we sin because we are sinners or are we sinners because we sin? We are of the devil, because we are sinners. In John 8:39 The Jews took pride in being children of Abraham because of physical descent and because of this they thought they were children of God. In V: 40 they sought to kill Jesus because he claimed to be the Son of God. In V: 41 he said to them, "You are doing the works of your father." In V: 44 he told them which was his father, 44You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He has been a murderer from the beginning, and he has not remained in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks lies, he speaks of himself; because he is a liar, and a father of lies. The Lord Jesus called them "Sons of the Devil" because of the desire or intention to want to kill him and this is called "
5. Where are the Devil's wishes? Matthew 15:19 says they are in our hearts. Where are the manifestations of the works of the flesh? Galatians 5:19 says they are in our flesh. 1 John 3: 8 says that the Son of God was manifested to destroy the works of the devil in our hearts and in our flesh.
6. In John 8:44 there is a fatherhood that is the fatherhood of the devil. The devil is the father of liars. He is the origin of sin. The nature of the devil is a complete lie that is the complete opposite of the truth that is Christ, John 14: 6.
7. 1 John 3: 8 says that the devil sins from the beginning and begets children of the devil. The V: 10 says 10In this the children of God are manifested, and the children of the devil: everyone who does not do justice, and who does not love his brother, is not of God. Men, as descendants fallen from Adam, at birth are children of the devil, the evil one of John 8:44 and possess the life, nature and desires of the devil. Practicing sin is very characteristic of the children of the devil. V: 12 shows us the manifestation of a son of the devil as Cain was and he is because of what he did. All is not born of God, is a child of the devil for what he is and what he does. But for this, Christ came to undo the works of the nature of the devil.
Finally, in Genesis 3:15 God spoke of the head of the serpent. This head would be wounded by Christ (the seed of the woman) and the serpent would hurt the heel (humanity) of Christ, when did this happen? The poison of a serpent is in the head, and this wound that Paul calls "destruction" was given by Christ in Hebrews 2:14 14So, because the children participated in flesh and blood, he also participated in the same, to destroy by means of death to the one who had the rule of death, that is, to the devil, and to free all those who, through the fear of death, were throughout their lives subject to servitude. Hebrews 2:14 is the fulfillment of what the Lord promised in Genesis 3:15.
What is the only and effective weapon to be able to hunt a mouse? It's a trap with bait. The trap with bait that God put on the devil to be able to trap and destroy him was the flesh of Jesus. In that flesh, God caught him and won. Notice that Christ participated in flesh and blood to trap, to destroy the devil and sin. 1 Peter 2:24 says that Christ bore our sins in his body on the tree, and by his wound we were healed (not physically but spiritually) so that we could be free to live a righteous or righteous life before God.
Through His death, Christ gave in the head the serpent of Genesis 3:15 and thus delivered all those who had the poison of sin, the serpentine nature, and the fear of death to which they were subject, in bondage or slavery. The word destroyed is from the Greek Katargeo and means "abolish, injure, render ineffective, suppress, annul, discard, reduce to uselessness. Paul does not use the Greek Kataluo (annihilation) but Katargeo which is (to abolish). Christ destroyed the devil and annulled death for everyone who believes in that victory. Already the believer has no fear of eternal death and is free from his bondage, free from the devil, and free from sin. Devil, sin and death are partners, they are a compact and evil unit.
From the victory of Christ on the head of the serpent, the devil and sin no longer have the rule of death. What did Christ accomplish in his death ?:
1. He managed to remove sin, which is the poison that the serpent had in his head, Acts 9:26 says "… he appeared merienda for all through the sacrifice of himself to remove sin from the midst. Christ took the poison of sin away from the serpent called devil and Satan. Does this mean that the snake (devil) does not exist anymore? The Lord Jesus Christ in the year 96 to 100 approximately on the Island of Patmos (Island of the Aegean Sea) showed John in Revelation 12: 9 to the devil, the ancient serpent. In Revelation 20: 2 it says that the angel seized Satan and bound him for a thousand years. In Revelation 20: 7 it says that when the thousand years were completed, Satan was released. Paul, the apostle of grace says in 2 Timothy 3:15 that "All Scripture is inspired by God, and useful to teach, rearrange, correct, and instruct. No one is authorized by God to mutilate the inspiration of the entire Scripture, saying that books of the Bible can be read or can not be read, received or studied. eye! With the mutilators of the Holy Scriptures
2. 1 Corinthians 15: 3 says that Christ died for our sins.
3. 1 John 3: 5 says that Christ appeared to take away our sins.
4. John 1:29 says that Christ took away the sin of the world.
5. Romans 8: 3 says that Christ in the likeness of the flesh of sin and because of sin, condemned sin in the flesh.
6. 1 John 3: 8 says that Christ appeared, to undo the works of the devil.
Christ came to destroy the devil and sin because the serpent injected in mankind the sin and caused death to mankind. Sin in the flesh is the poison of the devil destroyed by Jesus in His death. Observe what the Scriptures say:
1. The death of Christ caused the mortal wound on the serpent's head, a wound that was prophesied in Genesis 3:15.
2. Sin entered the world by a man, and by sin death, Romans 5:12
3. Death entered by a man, 1 Corinthians 15:21
4. The wages of sin is death, Romans 6:23
5. Sin reigned to death, Romans 5:21
6. Sin … gives birth to death, James 1:15
7. The sting of death is sin, 1 Corinthians 15:56.
Sin is the cause of death, but who caused the sin in Eve and therefore in Adam? The ancient serpent called devil and Satan. Sin is the poison of the serpent, it is what she injected into the human race.
John 3:14 says 14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 so that everyone who believes in him may not perish, but may have eternal life. John tells us that Jesus died on the cross like a serpent. The serpent here is a rhetorical figure, a representation. On that cross, Jesus hung had the form of a snake. We have all become serpents, because of the poison of sin that is in us, which was injected by the ancient serpent.
In Number 21: 4-9 it says that when the children of Israel sinned against God, they were bitten by serpents. God told Moses to raise a bronze serpent on a pole in their behalf to escape the judgment of God. Whoever looked at the bronze serpent would live from the deadly bite of the fiery serpent of the desert. As descendants of Adam, we have been poisoned by the ancient serpent, and the nature of the serpent is within us.
Matthew 16:23 says that Jesus rebuked Peter, saying, "Get behind me, Satan." Pedro was not a bad man; on the contrary, he was trying to keep Jesus from suffering from the hands of the Jews, V: 22. Even though Peter loved the Lord, however, he was a serpent in his inner nature. Jesus rebuked him by calling him Satan! Not only when we do or say bad things are we Satan, but also when we do seemingly good things. In our fallen nature is that rebellious tendency, that serpentine nature. According to this nature we are all snakes.
The serpent that Moses raised in the desert was a bronze serpent. It had the shape of the serpent without the venom of the serpent. In Romans 8: 3 Paul tells us that God sent his Son in "the likeness of the flesh of sin." The sinful flesh is the serpent. We all have the flesh of sin and we live in that sinful flesh. In the eyes of God this sinful flesh is a serpent, because in the nature of the flesh of sin is the evil nature of Satan. So, Satan is the serpent, and our sinful flesh is also the serpent.
As God, the Word called Jesus became flesh. He joined fallen and sinful humanity, without touching or possessing sin, Hebrews 4:15. John 1: 1.14 tells us that God the Word became flesh, but Romans 8: 3 tells us that Jesus only had the likeness of the flesh of sin without participating in the sin of the flesh, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 4: fifteen.
In the case of the bronze serpent that Moses raised in the wilderness in atención of the salvation of the sinful Israelites, she had the form, the likeness of a true serpent; but I did not have the poison. Jesus died on the cross as the bronze serpent without the poison of sin to condemn innocent and untainted to sin in the flesh, Romans 8: 3. through His death He was judged, and with His death He killed death and destroyed the one who had the rule of death, this is the devil. Jesus as a bronze serpent without the poison of sin inside, died to judge the flesh of sin and to destroy the ancient serpent, Satan so that everyone who is under the clutches of the devil, death and sin will be saved. But Jesus also died as the Lamb of God to atone for, redeem, cover and remove from sin the sin of mankind. He who is in Christ, there is no sin that can condemn him, Ephesians 1: 7 says 7 in whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins according to the riches of his grace. Christ destroyed the serpent approx. in the year 30 to 331/2 Why Paul in the year 55 AD. When he wrote to the Corinthians a second time, he tells them in 2 Corinthians 2:11 11for Satan not to gain any advantage over us; Well, we do not ignore his machinations. And in 4: 4 it says 4 in which the god of this century blinded the understanding of the unbelievers, so that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, does not shine to them. And in 11:14 it says 14 And it is not wonder, because Satan himself disguises himself as an angel of light. 15So, it is not strange if his ministers also disguise themselves as ministers of justice; whose end will be according to his works. And in 1 Thessalonians 2:18 8 for which reason we wanted to go to you, I Paul certainly again and again; But Satan hindered us. In the first passage, Satan is gaining advantage with machinations. In the second passage it is blinding the understanding of unbelievers. In the third passage, he disguises himself as an angel of light. In the fourth passage
In 2 Corinthians 2:11 a machination is a design, an intention, and the machinations of Satan are through the flesh, for Jesus said in Matthew 15:19 that evil thoughts come from the heart. In 2 Corinthians 4: 4 Satan put a veil over the understanding of men. Paul says in V: 3 that His gospel was hidden, 2 Corinthians 3: 14,15 that the veil that keeps the gospel of grace hidden is the veil of the law of Moses, but by coming to Christ the veil is taken away to see the gospel of grace. A blinded understanding is like a blind man who can not see the sunlight. The god of this century (religious) is Moses who blinded the understanding to the Jews with the law.
In 2 Corinthians 11: 14,15 the disguised ministers or false apostles were the Judaizing teachers who had come to Corinth to preach another Jesus in a different spirit and in a different gospel. These Judaizing apostles are the ministers of Satan. He is the source of the false and fraudulent apostles.
In 1 Thessalonians 2:18 the context tells us that those of Judea (the Jewish Judaizers) were the Satan who hindered Paul. They, the enemies of grace and truth, killed Jesus, the prophets and now Pablo was hindered by his ministerial work.
Remember that in the flesh we have that serpentine nature. She is manifested through the works of the flesh: 19Y manifest are the works of the flesh, which are: adultery, fornication, filth, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, strife, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, homicide, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; about which I admonish you, as I have told you before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God, Galatians 5: 19-21. These are the manifestations of the serpentine nature. These manifestations are designs of the flesh and are enemy manifestations of God, these designs are not subject to God, Romans 8: 7 says 7Because the designs of the flesh are enmity against God; because they are not subject to the law of God, nor can they; 8And those who live according to the flesh can not please God.
What is our responsibility and duty? Romans 8:13 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; But if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. Romans 6:22 says 22More now that you have been set free from sin and made servants of God, you have sanctification as your fruit, and as an end, eternal life. We were already freed from the ancient serpent, now, if we can have the fruit of sanctification and achieve eternal life that positionally and judicially we already have it in Christ, but that the auténtico purpose will be to enjoy it in a spirit, soul and body that are completely glorified. Thus we conclude the "Mystery of the ancient serpent". Grace and peace
By. Reynaldo Estrada